Cooperation with the Georgian National Competition AgencyGEC launched a new project: "Development of a long-term PR and Communications Strategy for the Georgian National Competition Agency".
The Georgian National Competition Agency was established in 2014 and is an independent legal entity of public law that is accountable to the Prime Minister of Georgia and the society. On November 4, 2020, the main part of the amendments to the Georgian Law on Competition entered into force, which fully complies with the best European practice, the requirements of the DCFTA, and reflects the basic principles of EU competition law. In 2020, the Parliament of Georgia made a decision and the staff of the Public Procurement Dispute Resolution Council started operating under the structure of the Agency. Also, on January 1, 2021, the anti-demining legislation came into force and the relevant department started functioning in the agency. The main objective of the Agency is the implementation of competition policy, creation, and protection of conditions for the promotion of competition in Georgia and for this purpose prevention and elimination of all types of anti-competitive agreements and actions.
The goal of the project is to enhance Georgian National Competition Agency’s (GNCA) communication with the public. This activity aims to systematize GNCA’s Public Relations (PR) and communication practices through the institutionalization of effective communication tools and mechanisms. Through this consultancy, GEC team will:
• Provide guidance on and recommendations for effective use of contemporary communications best practices, including social media sources;
• Develop a comprehensive three-year PR/Communications strategy and one-year action plan specifying target audiences, target media, key messages, practical tactics, responsible managers and staff, and the required resources;
• Develop a brand book for the organization;
• Provide on-going coaching to GNCA’s PR team and other relevant managers on action plan implementation;
• Deliver a two-day workshop to GNCA’s senior managers on effective communication and message formation tools;
• Deliver a one-day workshop to GNCA’s PR manager and staff involved in communication on message development and implementation and best practices of contemporary communications.
The project is being implemented by USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development Activity in Georgia.